Napier RSA Support Convenor (Tony Fraser) is appointed by the Executive Committee to co-ordinate and manage all facets of the Club’s Support Services listed as follows. He is accountable to the Executive Committee, provides a written report on their activities at each monthly Executive Committee meeting.
- Support Advisers – (Tony Fraser and John Purcell) – are responsible for working with Veterans, Surviving Spouses and their families by ensuring they receive their full entitlements through Veterans Affairs NZ for a War Disability Pension or any other entitlement or service that is available or due from other agencies. These Veterans’ do not have to be members of the RSA.
The Support Adviser is normally available in the Club on a Wednesday of each week.
Appointments can be made through the Club Reception or on Tel: 06 835 7629.
- Support Committee – comprises a group of volunteers from within the Club membership dedicated to looking after the interests of Veterans, their families and Associate members of the Napier RSA. The Support Committee meets monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. The Support Convenor will Chair this Committee. This group will organise support events, visit the sick and infirm and other members if they e.g. are alone at home, sick in hospital or in residential care.
Please note: Meals on Wheels can be arranged through the Club Restaurant Tel: 06 835 1351.
- Napier RSA Support Trusts, with 4 appointed Trustees – manage the two Trust funds which have been established:
- Napier RSA Poppy Charitable Trust – all monies received from Poppy Day donations are paid into this Trust account – The purpose is to provide financial assistance to those Veterans and/or their family “in need”. This can range from assistance with unexpected medical/dental/optical/hearing costs, building ramps at home for walker or wheelchair access, mobility scooter repairs etc. to name but a few.
- Napier RSA Welfare Trust – donations received serve to provide financial assistance to Napier RSA Associate members in times of “need” for similar support as mentioned for the Poppy Fund.
- Application forms for financial assistance are available through Reception. These forms are self-explanatory. Emergency payments can be made within a few days.